Free webinars to support high-value nutrition export success
Do you work in food innovation? The Riddet Institute and High-Value Nutrition (HVN) National Science Challenge invites you to join us for a series of three free online seminars to support high-value nutrition export success. This lunchtime session will also allow time for Q&A, so please bring your questions!
HVN ‘Scanning the Horizons’ Free webinars
Patent Insights, Regulatory & Market Trends 2023
Tuesday 28 February 2023: Micronutrients & NZ patent insights / Brand Storytelling
12pm – 1.20pm
(i) Micronutrient Fortification – regulatory landscape and IP insights
(ii) NZ F&B patent insights & Regulatory considerations for brand storytelling
- Peter Brown (Spruson & Ferguson) will compare how New Zealand F&B companies are patenting versus other countries, highlighting risks and opportunities, before diving deeper into micronutrient fortification patents, highlighting some exciting Kiwi innovation in this space.
- Michelle Cubitt (Smart Regulatory Solutions) will take a look at some of the key regulatory
considerations for brand storytelling. Topics include how to tell when it is a story and when it is a health claim, when brand names also claims, and the impact of different channels.
Thursday 20 April 2023: Global IP trends food-for-health / Regulatory toolkit
12pm – 12.40pm
Global patent trends in food-for-health & Regulatory toolkit for exporting
- Peter will give us an update on the recent global patent filings in food for health to give us a very early read on future product trends and new health target opportunities for the next 5-10 years.
- Michelle will provide some tools to help you ask the right questions when looking at export
opportunities, and what to look out for when developing products for export.
Tuesday 27 June 2023: New health-tech IP / Regulatory comparisons key markets
12pm – 12.40pm
New health tech IP in food research & Regulatory comparison of key export markets
- Peter will give an overview of new Medtech/Healthtech patents for innovation used in food research, including some of the new approaches being used in the HVN clinical trials.
- Michelle will compare the regulatory landscape between New Zealand and key markets of interest in Asia, North America, and Europe. Comparisons will cover ingredients, labelling, and claims.
- Dr Peter Brown – Principal, Spruson & Ferguson
Peter provides strategic (and easy to understand!) patent analytic reports to his clients including the HVN community across its four health research platforms. The valuable insights and knowledge help steer and align the science approach and commercialisation goals of R&D programmes.
- Michelle Cubitt – Regulatory Consultant, Smart Regulatory Solutions
Michelle is a regulatory consultant with experience in the cosmetic, natural health, food, and pharmaceutical industries. She provides strategic advice to navigate complexities of regulatory requirements to enable successful product commercialisation/export across the world. Michelle aims to deliver simple, smart solutions to the regulatory problems facing businesses trying to reach their target consumers across the world.