This international conference is focussed on discussing how food interfaces with the body and how food can be designed to optimally perform throughout the GI tract to deliver health and well-being.
The Conference presents a unique opportunity to bring together food industry professionals and world leading researchers from a diverse range of disciplines, including food science, nutrition, digestive behaviour, genetics, medical science and engineering in one forum, with a common interest in food design that delivers better nutrition, product functionality and consumer wellbeing.
Conference program topics:
• Using models to design ingestion and digestion
• Influence of food structure on taste release and transport
• Functional food design beyond nutrition
• Challenges from a food industry perspective
• Food structure and the gut microbiome interface
• The kinetics of food digestion
• Designing foods for the future
Invited Speakers include Dr Gail Bornorst, Assoc. Prof. Juliane Floury, Prof. Allen Foegeding, Prof. Stephen Simpson, Prof. Mats Stading.
Please visit the Conference website for more information: https://www.foodstructuresdigestionandhealth2017.com/